Monday, August 31, 2015

Little Peter Brer Rabbit Jr. Bunny Rescued

August 31, 2015


Last Sunday my dad and mom saved a little baby bunny from the pool.  The poor thing must have fallen in the night before and was huddled on the skimmer shelf all wet.  He was so cute.  He was all brown with a white cotton tail.  We named him Peter Brer Rabbit Jr. Bunny.  We gave him a piece of lettuce but he was so scared that he wouldn't eat it.   After he warmed up and rested my dad set the container on it's side down in the shrubs so that Peter could hop out of it.  I said goodbye and before we left for church he had hopped away.  And the next day I saw Peter's daddy Brer Rabbit when I was out swinging under the oak tree. I hope peter and his brothers and sisters grow up to be healthy and strong. It was nice to rescue a bunny. 


5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story and beautifully written! Peter was a lucky bunny to be rescued,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written, Alyssa. Love the literary references to Beatrix Potter (Peter Rabbit) and Uncle Rhemus Tales by Joel Chandler Harris (Brer Rabbit) Have you read those? They are some of Campbell's favorites.

    ReplyDelete